Recipe: Bacon & Blue Cheese Brussels Sprouts
The easiest way, or at least the most delicious, to eat more greens is to add bacon. Roasted Brussels sprouts are a wonderful dish to have in the fall, and pairing them with the saltiness of bacon and blue cheese along with the sweetness of syrupy balsamic vinegar is a simple and easy win in the kitchen.
What you’ll need…
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half through the core (include any loose leaves that fall off while cutting)
- 4 thick cut bacon, diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar syrup (reduced balsamic glaze)
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper; scatter the bacon on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts for 30 – 40 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes to help the bacon fat coat the vegetables. * Brussels sprouts brown easiest when cut side is down.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to serving plate. Dress sprouts with balsamic vinegar and blue cheese. Dish is best served warm.