Porkapalooza BBQ Festival – June 16-17, 2018
Its finally here! The Porkapalooza BBQ Festival is on this Father’s Day weekend, June 16-17, 2018 at Northlands.
Saturday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Sunday 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
2018 marks the 5th year for Edmonton’s annual Porkapalooza BBQ Festival. This weekend, Northlands Park Racetrack & Casino will play host to the two-day community event showcasing the art and culture of BBQ.
Let your nose lead the way to the mouth-watering smell of smoked meat and charcoal. BBQ teams from across Canada will be competing for $16,000 in prize money, and variety of food vendors (including Boss Hog’s BBQ, Fat Franks, Gator BBQ, Misty Mountain BBQ, and Smokehouse BBQ) will be serving up meat, meat and more meat.
This year’s lineup includes:
Saturday, June 16
- 1 p.m.: Girls on the Grill by Taste Alberta
- 1:45 p.m.: Champion Grilling by Brady Weiler
- 2:15 p.m.: Cedar Planking by Brian Misko
- 3 p.m.: Rubs, Sauces & Chicken 10 Ways by Stu White of Original Redhead Condiments
- 3:45 p.m.: BBQ Bevies by Hansen Distillery
- 4:30 p.m.: Date Night Grilling by Sharman and the Spaniard
Sunday, June 17
- 12:45 p.m.: Mexican Style BBQ by Victor Hugo
- 1:30 p.m.: Beans and BBQ by Linsday Porter
- 2:15 p.m.: Mediterranean Style Grilling by John Billiau
- 3 p.m.: Grill With Your Kids by Elyse Chatterton
- 3:45 p.m.: Champion Grilling by Brian Misko
The Father’s Day weekend event is organized by the Porkapalooza BBQ Festival Society with generous financial support from Alberta Pork and other sponsors. This year, Porkapalooza will support three local charities:
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern Alberta
- Youth Empowerment & Support Services(YESS)
So grab your family and friends and get your Porkapalooza on!