Moo-Shu Pork with Mandarin Crepes Recipe
Moo-Shu Pork with Crepes Recipe
Serves 4 – About 16 pancakes.
- 1/2 lb. pork tenderloin, sliced
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Shaoxing rice wine
- 1/4 cup dried Chinese cloud ears or woodear mushrooms
- 3 Tbs. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 slice fresh ginger, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten with big pinch of salt
- 1/4 lb. Savoy or white cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 carrots, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 scallion (white and green parts), cut lengthwise and then into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, rinsed, drained, and sliced into a 2-inch julienne
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- For Mandarin pancake dough.
- Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine and sesame oil in a bowl. Dissolve cornstarch in a little bit of water and add to mixture. Add pork to mixture and marinade for 20 minutes. Remove pork from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Soak dried Chinese mushrooms in boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain, slice into thin strips and set aside.
- Heat a skillet or wok on medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp of oil.
- Stir fry pork for a couple minutes. Add ginger and combine until pork is cooked. Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet heat 1/2 tbsp of oil on medium heat and scramble the eggs until medium cooked. You don’t want them fully cooked because they will cook again when everything is combined. Remove scrambled eggs from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil on medium high heat and stir-fry the shredded carrots for 1 minute.
- Add the reserved marinate to the carrots and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Add shredded cabbage and stir-fry both cabbage and carrots for another 2 minutes. Add the bamboo shoots and stir fry with cabbage and carrots for another 2 minutes until everything is tender and fully combined.
- Add the pork and eggs to the vegetable mixture and combine everything until fully heated. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to separate plate and sprinkle with scallions.
- Make the Mandarin pancakes.
- Serve immediately with hoisin on the side.