How to Make Bacon Hearts
My lovely friend Simone who works with the Alberta Canola Producers Commission shared this sweetheart worthy treat with me. With Valentine’s Day just a few days away I think these homemade bacon hearts could bring a smile to many bacon lovers out there. Why spend money on overpriced flowers when you can show your love with bacon?
Bacon, 1 strip per heart and preferably thick cut
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Line baking sheet with foil and place an oven-safe rack on top.
- Cut bacon strips in half. Place 2 half strips of bacon onto baking sheet and form into a heart shape.
- Bake at 375°F for 15-30 minutes depending on thickness of bacon and how crisp you like your bacon. You may want to check the bacon 5-10 minutes in to make sure the tops of the bacon slices are still touching as a heart.
- Once baked to desired doneness, remove from oven and cool slightly. (I pour the bacon fat into a jar and store in the fridge
- Serve to your loved one on top of a toasted English muffin and tomato (like Simone), or try a poached egg. You can get creative and top it on any bacon-worthy burger or dish – bacon hearts will look good so many dishes!